2017 Undergraduate Summer Scholars Research Program
PROGRAM DATES: June 12-August 11, 2017
DEADLINE: May 1, 2017 no later than 5 p.m.
Three competitive $4,000 research awards offered to Northwestern undergraduates who have demonstrated, through course work and activities, that they are interested in pursuing multi-disciplinary graduate research in the sciences.
- $3,500 will be used to cover living expenses over the full eight weeks of the summer period.
- $500 will be used to cover research expenses, such as laboratory supplies. Unused funds must be returned to the Institute.
- Summer scholars are expected to spend 100% of their summer break working with a CLP faculty member in a multi-disciplinary science research lab for 8-weeks between end of Spring classes and the end of August.
- Students must agree not to take on any other paid work or research grants for any part of the eight week period, and must not be enrolled in courses for any part of that period
- Give a 15 minute presentation with slides at the completion of the project for the CLP faculty
- Students must be Northwestern undergraduates (preference is given to rising second and third-year students)
- Research must be conducted with a CLP faculty member
- Previous lab experience is required
- Completed application form
- Please include a one-page, single-sided proposal describing the type of research in which you would most like to conduct if selected for this program. Use a standard 10-12 point font.
- One additional page is allowed for including figures and/or references.
- Endorsement letter from a CLP Faculty member
Application materials can be submitted via email, the postal service or in person:
- Electronically submitted materials should be sent to tiffany [dot] ozmina [at] northwestern [dot] edu (Tiffany Ozmina).
- Materials submitted through the postal service should be sent to Tiffany Ozmina, Chemistry of Life Processes Institute, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208-3113
- Submit your application materials in person to Tiffany Ozmina in Silverman Hall 3-601 no later than 5 p.m.
CLP Faculty may submit the recommendation letter via email, mail or in person to tiffany [dot] ozmina [at] northwestern [dot] edu (Tiffany Ozmina).
Scholars will be named by the end of May.
For additional information about this program, please contact Tiffany Ozmina:
Silverman Hall 3-601
t-leighton-ozmina [at] northwestern [dot] edu
|CLP Summer Scholars Application_2017.pdf||185.59 KB|