The AIDS Research Institute IrsiCaixa, Barcelona
The AIDS Research Institute IrsiCaixa (www.irsicaixa.es) is looking for a postdoctoral fellow to apply for competitive funding (Marie Curie, Juan de la Cierva, Sara Borrell, etc) and join the Group of Retrovirology and Clinical Studies (http://www.irsicaixa.es/en/retrovirology-and-clinical-studies-grec). The candidate will coordinate a project focused on developing new nanotechnologies aimed to combat HIV-1 infection by improving drug and vaccine delivery to lymphoid tissues. This translational project is oriented to develop novel products and scale preclinical results into clinical trials in partnership with several collaborators.
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist with a strong background in biochemistry and high interest in developing new therapeutic strategies to treat HIV-1 infection. Previous experience working with drug delivery systems is required.
Please apply by email to Drs. Nuria Izquierdo Useros (nizquierdo [at] irsicaixa [dot] es) or Javier Martinez-Picado (jmpicado [at] irsicaixa [dot] es), clearly stating in the subject of your email “Postdoc Position”. Applications must include a CV with a cover letter and contacts of at least 2 referees.
ICREA Research Professor
UVic Associate Professor
AIDS Research Institute irsiCaixa
University Hospital “Germans Trias i Pujol”
Ctra. de Canyet s/n | 08916 Badalona (Spain)
Tel. +34–934656374 | Fax. +34–934653968
///localhost/jmpicado [at] irsicaixa [dot] es">jmpicado [at] irsicaixa [dot] es | http://www.irsicaixa.es
Science and Technology Evaluator
Science-Metrix, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Science-Metrix is an independent research evaluation firm specializing in the assessment of science and technology (S&T) organizations and activities. Our services enable evidence-based decision-making, strategic planning, and outcome assessments. Founded in 2002, the firm has successfully completed hundreds of projects for over 50 American, Canadian and international organizations with a stake in S&T. Science-Metrix is an acknowledged leader in the assessment of S&T using bibliometric analysis and program evaluation methods (document reviews, logic model definition and development, surveys, focus groups, etc).
Job Summary: Due to the ongoing growth of evaluation services in the firm, we are looking for evaluators for conducting program evaluations and performance measurement projects.
- Oversight of junior team members, in order to meet quality requirements and deadlines (Senior)
- Design and implement evaluation and performance measurement frameworks and methods (Senior and intermediate)
- Design and review data collection protocols, instruments and tools (Senior and intermediate)
- Participate in the data collection using different tools (e.g., interviews, surveys, literature and document review, performance data review, focus groups, case studies, etc.)
- Analysis multiple sources of data, including statistical analysis
- Draft and review evaluation reports and recommendations (Senior)
- Contribute to proposals for the provision of evaluation and related services
- Communicate with clients and project stakeholders (Senior and intermediate)
- Holder of a graduate degree (masters/doctorate)
- Have a minimum of three to five years of experience conducting evaluations of federal, provincial or municipal government programs or evaluations of the activities of not-for-profit organizations
- Demonstrate ability to manage and support a team of evaluators for the collection and analysis of data (Senior)
- Demonstrate skills in project management (Senior)
- Possess excellent report writing and communication skills
- Significant experience in designing and implementing evaluation methods (Senior)
- Able to prepare an evaluation plan, including logic model and evaluation matrix (Intermediate and Senior)
- Fluent in English language: listen, speak, read, and write
- Possess a minimal proficiency in French language: listen and speak
- Fluent in French language: listen, speak, read, and write
- Experience in conducting evaluations of federal programs
- Experience in the evaluation of science and technology based programs
- Hold a degree in economics and/or experience in applying socio-economic methods to program evaluation
- Experience in business development (Senior)
- Please submit to http://science-metrix.com/en/contact-us/careers:
- a cover letter that clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications for this position
- your resume
- your experience in the conduct of 5 evaluation and/or performance measurement projects (project title, client organization, date/time, description of the project, your role and key tasks in the project)
Salary is commensurate with the individual’s qualifications and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Brooke Struck, Ph.D.
Policy Analyst | Analyste des politiques
1335, Mont-Royal E
Montréal, QC H2J 1Y6 - Canada
T. 1.514.495.6505 x.117
T. 1.800.994.4761 x.117
E-mail: brooke [dot] struck [at] science-metrix [dot] com">brooke [dot] struck [at] science-metrix [dot] com