CLP encourages students who are interested in engaging in the challenges of multidisciplinary research and contributing to the scientific community to participate in the Institute’s research programs.
Students quickly become part of research teams that accept the challenge of improving the health of the public by scientific advancement and forming relationships with peers and faculty mentors.
CLP Lambert Fellows Program (Academic Year & Summer Funding)
Multi-year support for hands-on laboratory research for rising sophomores and juniors majoring in Chemistry under the mentorship of CLP faculty members.
CLP Undergraduate Summer Scholars Research Program (Summer Funding)
Participants engage in full-time research in a CLP research laboratory for an 8-week period during the summer. Participants will be paired with an Institute faculty member based on mutual research interests, and each summer scholar will work closely with a graduate student or postdoctoral associate mentor.
CLP-CAURS Undergraduate Research Program (Academic Year Funding)
The overall goal of this program is to create a cadre of enthusiastic, well-trained undergraduates who will be entrepreneurial in their approach to scientific research. The program is designed to provide a student or team of students with support for multi-disciplinary scientific research during the academic year.
Other Funding Mechanisms at Northwestern
- Weinberg College Funds: Support includes, academic year grants, conference travel grants, WCAS research awards, university wide funds and department and program funds.
- McCormick Research Opportunities for Undergraduates: Browse research opportunities posted by McCormick faculty.
- McCormick Corporate Partner Undergraduate Research Grants: The McCormick Office of Corporate Relations has worked extensively with several partner companies and, through their generous industry grants, is able to offer sponsored opportunities to McCormick students.
- Northwestern Research Grants: Research Grant opportunities offered by Northwestern University’s Provost Office.
- Medical Student Summer Research Program: The Feinberg School of Medicine (FSM) offers its students the opportunity to conduct research during the summer after their M1 year.
- McCormick Summer Research Programs: Browse summer research programs sorted by Northwestern Programs, Non-Northwestern Programs, and Study Abroad Programs.